I don't know if it's just me, but i have been noticing ballet costumes (totos or whatever you want to call them) all over Union Square in the store windows. They are beautiful to look at, and it seems like I notice a new one on a mannequin almost everyday!! Apparently, these window displays are advertising the San Francisco Ballet opening night. I think this is such a good idea, I have always thought ballerinas were so beautiful. I wish i could be one. I wish I could dance like that, so perfectly. It always has seemed like the perfect, most elegant life to me. But now I am not so sure after seeing the movie Black Swan. Natalie Portman's character Nina strives to be perfect (until she literally goes insane..) She forgets what it is like to lose herself in her dance. I think art can be like that too. Sometimes you cant think about it too much, you just have too lose your self in it, and who cares if it is not perfect??
Thanks for reading
--MAEVE FITZHOWARD